Irish StewFrom tippystclair 6 years ago
- 2 lbs boneless lamb shoulder, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 tsp dried thyme shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
- 4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and quartered shopping list
- 1 large onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch coins shopping list
- 6 stalks celery, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the lamb, parsley, thyme, salt, pepper, and 3 cups broth in a large saucepan and simmer covered over moderate heat for 90 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, onion, carrots, celery, and remaining broth and simmer, covered, 1 hour.
- In a small bowl whisk together the flour and oil until smooth and stir into simmering stew until mixed well.
- Simmer uncovered 3 to 5 minutes, until thickened.
- Serve with Irish Soda Bread, a green salad and Guinness!
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cooktippystclair North Hollywood, GB
The Rating8 people
OHHH I love your stews and meat pies so much
'me friend!! :) ^ ^ ^ ^^ 5!lanacountry in Macon loved it
I wish lamb was not so darned expensive, this looks wonderful.mark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
great stew high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!