Caramel PieFrom sunny 8 years ago
How to make it
- Remove label from milk cans
- Place cans of milk (unopened) in large pot of boiling water. Water should only be boiling gently. Boil in pot for 4 hours. Remove cans of milk and CAREFULLY open. Pour into pie shell and cool for at least 4 hours. Top with whip cream and serve.
- For a Turtle Pie - place chocolate chips in the bottom of the shell before you pour in the milk. For snickers pie, add peanuts and chocolate at bottom of pie shell, add one can of milk (caramel), another layer of chocolate and peanuts then other can of milk.
- You can put anything you like in the pie shell - broken heath bars, chocolate chips, toffee chips.... = )
The Cooksunny Portland, OR
The Rating4 people
You had me at caramel - yep this is easy and so good!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
This recipe epitomizes the saying "easy as pie"! Just make sure to keep the cans covered with water the whole time. I used a Mrs Smith's bake yourself crust and layered with Heath Bar crumbles and bananas. yummmmmmmmmymellokitty in loved it
i have made it quite often in the past. i used flaky or puff pastry rolled in a square/ rectangle.baked it.cooled it.spread the caramel then arranged sliced bananas dipped in lemon juice(prevent discoloration) on top then cream yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!mumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!