Pumpkin Cake With Cream Cheese FrostingFrom jmatthews00 8 years ago
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 cups pumpkin puree or cooked mashed pumpkin shopping list
- cream cheese frosting, below shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- Cream Cheese Frosting: shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature shopping list
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar, sifted shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Directions for pumpkin cake
- Combine sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs in a large mixing bowl; mix well.
- Sift dry ingredients into a separate bowl; stir into oil mixture, beating well.
- Stir in pumpkin puree.
- Pour batter into two greased and floured 9-inch round layer cake pans.
- Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Turn out onto racks to cool.
- Frost pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting and sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl; beat well until smooth.
- Makes enough for 2-layer pumpkin cake.
The Cookjmatthews00 Central, NY
The Rating6 people
Beautiful recipe!! FIVE :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Oh my, Jill....You're killing me! I might have to break out my maternity clothes after sampling your recipes! LOL! But please, don't stop on my account...keep 'em coming! ;)christinem in Worcester loved it
Jill, I have this exact same recipe, so know it is excellent!! I have even made it for Thanksgiving and Christmas and everyone agreed it was a nice alternative to the usual pumpkin pie. The recipe is also easily halved for smaller families. Yum!bestcooker in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!