Best Beef MarinadeFrom fizzle3nat 8 years ago
- 1/4 c. shallot, chopped fine shopping list
- 3 TBSP. soy sauce (I like to use low-sodium) shopping list
- 2 TBSP. olive oil (I like extra-virgin) shopping list
- 2 TBSP. balsamic vinegar (I like balsamic from Modena, Italy - you can also use cider vinegar according to the book) shopping list
- 4 tsp. snipped fresh thyme (although I've used 1 tsp. dried in a pinch) shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cracked black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Cook time is marinating time.
- In a small bowl, combine shallots, soy sauce, olive oil, vinegar, thyme, garlic, and pepper.
- To use, pour marinade over beef in a plastic bag set in a shallow dish; seal bag. Marinate in the refrigerator about 30 minutes for tender cuts (like tenderloin or sirloin) or for 3 to 24 hours for tougher cuts (like flank steak), turning bag occasionally. Drain, reserving marinade.
- Grill beef, brushing occasionally with the reserved marinade up to the last 5 minutes of grilling. Bring any remaining marinade to boiling. Boil gently, uncovered, for 1 minute. Serve with beef. Makes about 1/2 c. marinade (enough for 1 to 1 1/2 lbs. beef).
People Who Like This Dish 23
The Cookfizzle3nat Waterville, WA
The Rating4 people
Nov 9/15 This is a great marinade for sure. I used it on a 3 lb sirloin tip roast. Allowed it to marinate for about 12 hours. Will be making againNadineM in Mississauga loved it
Cooking now! It smells delicious! Thank you!aholahan72 in South Shore loved it
Looks Great! A must try.
Thanks for the post.
Ferricookinggood in Leesburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!