Best Beef MarinadeFrom fizzle3nat 7 years ago
- 1/4 c. shallot, chopped fine shopping list
- 3 TBSP. soy sauce (I like to use low-sodium) shopping list
- 2 TBSP. olive oil (I like extra-virgin) shopping list
- 2 TBSP. balsamic vinegar (I like balsamic from Modena, Italy - you can also use cider vinegar according to the book) shopping list
- 4 tsp. snipped fresh thyme (although I've used 1 tsp. dried in a pinch) shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cracked black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Cook time is marinating time.
- In a small bowl, combine shallots, soy sauce, olive oil, vinegar, thyme, garlic, and pepper.
- To use, pour marinade over beef in a plastic bag set in a shallow dish; seal bag. Marinate in the refrigerator about 30 minutes for tender cuts (like tenderloin or sirloin) or for 3 to 24 hours for tougher cuts (like flank steak), turning bag occasionally. Drain, reserving marinade.
- Grill beef, brushing occasionally with the reserved marinade up to the last 5 minutes of grilling. Bring any remaining marinade to boiling. Boil gently, uncovered, for 1 minute. Serve with beef. Makes about 1/2 c. marinade (enough for 1 to 1 1/2 lbs. beef).
People Who Like This Dish 23
The Cookfizzle3nat Waterville, WA
The Rating4 people
This sure sounds good.taylorsue82 in Wapakoneta loved it
Looks Great! A must try.
Thanks for the post.
Ferricookinggood in Leesburg loved it
Cooking now! It smells delicious! Thank you!aholahan72 in South Shore loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!