Buttermilk Pie from QuebecFrom lor 6 years ago
- 1 baked pie shell shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 3-1/2 Tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 cup cold buttermilk shopping list
- 2 egg yolks, beaten shopping list
- a pinch of salt shopping list
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind shopping list
- 1/4 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons butter, room temperature shopping list
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar, you can use granulated sugar but I prefer to use brown shopping list
- Note: I like to add a tablespoon or two of extra sugar. shopping list
How to make it
- Bring 1 cup buttermilk to a boil.
- Mix together the sugar, cornstarch and 1/2 cup buttermilk.
- Add to the boiling buttermilk and cook while stirring, until it is a smooth and cream consistency.
- Beat the egg yolks and add the salt, grated lemon rind and the lemon juice.
- Pour into the hot cream.
- Add the butter.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring vigorously.
- Cool and pour into a baked pie shell.
- Top with 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten with the 1/4 cup sugar.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Note: From early Acadians.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating7 people
looks wonderful !midgelet in Eastern loved it
So nice, I love buttermilk! Great recipe!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
I love buttermilk too! Thanks.danadooley in Singapore loved it