Creamy Cauliflower SoupFrom chihuahua 5 years ago
- 1 pound fresh cauliflower flowerets shopping list
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed shopping list
- 1 large onion shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 2 cups skim milk or Low-fat Soy Milk shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper hot sauce shopping list
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves (or 1 tsp. dried) shopping list
- kosher salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Saute the onion in olive oil until translucent.
- Place cauliflower in a separate large saucepan, cover with water, and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until slighlty tender.
- Drain off water.
- Add potatoes, sauteed onion, chicken broth, milk, pepper, and hot sauce, and return to simmer.
- Cook for about 40 minutes until all vegetables are fully cooked.
- Remove from heat.
- Place 1 to 2 cups of hot soup mixture into blender (or food processor) and mix at low speed until smooth.
- Pour into separate container.
- Repeat with remaining soup mixture.
- Add salt to taste.
- Calories: 190
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookchihuahua Sonoma County, USA
The Rating11 people
Cauliflower is underutilized in the U.S.A. I happen to love it.
This is a great reason to love Cauliflower.
High Fivetrigger in loved it
Love cauliflower! Love cauliflower soup! Very nice recipe.rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
YUM doesn't cover it!!! ;)angelgal in New Philadelphia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!