Jens Favorite SoupFrom slj6lori 8 years ago
- 2 tblspns. olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 lg vidalia onion fine diced shopping list
- 3 cloves of garlic minced shopping list
- 4 c. low sodium chicken stock or broth shopping list
- 2 c. water shopping list
- 1 can (14 oz) fire roasted diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 pk (10 oz) chopped frozen spinach shopping list
- 1 can (14 oz) canelli beans drained and rinsed shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried basil shopping list
- grated parm for sprinkling shopping list
How to make it
- Sautee onion and garlic in olive oil for about 5 minutes till tender.
- Add chicken stock, water, tomatoes, block of frozen spinach, salt and pepper to taste and dried basil.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until spinach is thawed and cooked, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add beans and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings as needed.
- Ladel and serve with grated parm sprinkled on top.
- Serve with crusty bread and or a tossed salad.