Carmelized Onion PizzaFrom linspj 7 years ago
- 2 large sweet onions, halved through cores and thinly sliced shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme (or 1 teaspoon dried) shopping list
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- ½ cup pitted sliced black olives shopping list
- 1 cup grated romano cheese shopping list
- 1 12-inch pre-made thin sliced pizza shell shopping list
- ½-3/4 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes (I used the ones packed in oil) shopping list
- Shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In a large deep nonstick skillet over medium heat, stir together sliced onions, oil, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Cook onions down and add garlic.
- Continue to ook onions, stirring often until soft and very tender and they start to get golden.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place pizza crust on a baking sheet or pizza pan.
- Brush with olive oil and place in oven for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese, leaving a 1-inch border.
- Spread onion/tomato mixture over the cheese.
- Sprinkle with the olives and sprinkle top with Romano cheese.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until cheeses are melted and crust is brown.
- Cut into slices and serve.
The Cooklinspj New Hartford, NY
The Rating2 people
This is the best kind of pizza. It is why California Pizza Kitchen is one of my favorite restaurants. They have a grilled vegetable pizza that is soooo delicious. I didn't think anyone else would have such a recipe. This is a good post and deserving ...morelenora in Oak Park loved it
This sounds an aweful lot like my tomato pizza...have you been spying on me? HA!lafluers in Lincoln loved it