Spaghetti With Tomato And Basil SauceFrom cookingforfun 7 years ago
- INGREDIENTS: shopping list
- •2 Tbls. extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- •2 lbs. fresh, cut up roma tomatoes or 1 28oz. can diced tomatoes shopping list
- •8 oz. Parmesano Reggiano cheese or Pecarino romano cheese, grated. shopping list
- •2 Tbls. fresh basil leaves, chiffonade or chopped shopping list
- •3 cloves crushed garlic shopping list
- • kosher salt to taste shopping list
- •fresh ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- •1 tsp. sugar shopping list
- •dash of Tabasco sauce or cayenne pepper (optional) shopping list
- •1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley (flat leaf), chopped shopping list
- •12 oz. Buccatini, spaghetti or linquini, cooked. shopping list
How to make it
- •In a 4 quart sauce pan, heat the olive oil and add the garlic, tomatoes, basil, sugar, salt and pepper (and the pepper sauce or cayenne).
- Bring the sauce to a boil and immediately lower the heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for 1/2 hour and then add the cheese. Now add the parsley and immediately toss the sauce with the freshly cooked pasta.
- Serve with a sprinkling of freshly grated cheese and a dribble of Extra virgin olive oil. *Note: Pasta should be cooked in salted water with no oil added.
The Cookcookingforfun Marblehead, MA
The Rating9 people
Sounds good! Thanks for posting :)donman in Hammond loved it
Hey Arthur..another 5er and a add to FFF group!!:)lanacountry in Macon loved it
Hey gotta love this cayenne pepper and tomatoes yum thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!