Mashed Butternut SquashFrom arpam 7 years ago
- 2 medium butternut squash (about 4 - 5 lbs) shopping list
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter shopping list
- 3-4 Tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk, half & half, evaporated milk....anything you have lying around (I use 1 % milk) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Cut off and discard ends of squash.
- Peel, cut in 1/2 length wise and remove seeds.
- Cut squash in about 3/4 " cubes and place on baking sheet.
- Stir together melted butter, brown sugar, salt, pepper, and milk.
- Toss all ingredients together and spread in a single layer.
- Roast for 30 minutes, turning half way through, or until the squash is very tender. Try not to let it brown.
- Transfer squash and the pan drippings to a mixing bowl or casserole dish and mash or mix w/ hand mixer until smooth.
- Season to taste if necessary (I never have to though). Enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookarpam Thompson, CT
The Rating5 people
Loved this! Made tonight and scaled down the recipe since I only had one butternut. I did forgo the sugar and used fat free 1/2 and 1/2. Very creamy and yummy....thanks!slj6lori in Succasunna loved it
Looks great. Going to try tonight!pleclare in Framingham loved it
I made this the other night, and found it to be super yummy! I forgot to put the milk in with the butter/brown sugar mixture, so I added it as I was mashing the cooked squash. It is really yummy! Some of my picky family members turned up their noses....morelarkspur in Wauwatosa loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!