Mashed Butternut SquashFrom arpam 6 years ago
- 2 medium butternut squash (about 4 - 5 lbs) shopping list
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter shopping list
- 3-4 Tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk, half & half, evaporated milk....anything you have lying around (I use 1 % milk) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Cut off and discard ends of squash.
- Peel, cut in 1/2 length wise and remove seeds.
- Cut squash in about 3/4 " cubes and place on baking sheet.
- Stir together melted butter, brown sugar, salt, pepper, and milk.
- Toss all ingredients together and spread in a single layer.
- Roast for 30 minutes, turning half way through, or until the squash is very tender. Try not to let it brown.
- Transfer squash and the pan drippings to a mixing bowl or casserole dish and mash or mix w/ hand mixer until smooth.
- Season to taste if necessary (I never have to though). Enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookarpam Thompson, CT
The Rating5 people
Loved this! Made tonight and scaled down the recipe since I only had one butternut. I did forgo the sugar and used fat free 1/2 and 1/2. Very creamy and yummy....thanks!slj6lori in Succasunna loved it
Looks great. Going to try tonight!pleclare in Framingham loved it
I made this the other night, and found it to be super yummy! I forgot to put the milk in with the butter/brown sugar mixture, so I added it as I was mashing the cooked squash. It is really yummy! Some of my picky family members turned up their noses....morelarkspur in Wauwatosa loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!