My Grandmas BreadFrom susanmay 6 years ago
How to make it
- Place milk in a warmed stand mixer bowl fitted with the dough hook. Add yeast and sugar. Stir and allow to dissolve for 5 minutes.
- Add butter, egg, salt, and 3 c. flour. Mix on low for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 more cups flour and raise speed to medium. Mix for 8 more minutes. Add more flour as necessary.
- When done mixing, turn onto a lightly floured surface a knead just a few times by hand. Place in a greased bowl and cover with a damp towel. Put in a warm dry place and let raise until doubled in size (around an hour).
- Punch down. With greased hands form into loaves and/or buns. Place in greased loaf pans or on a greased cookie sheet. Cover and let rise for another half-hour. Bake in a preheated 350º F oven for 40-45 minutes for loaves and 30-35 minutes for buns. Turn out onto cooling racks and top with butter.
The Cooksusanmay MN
The Rating10 people
homemade is the best thanks great recipemomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Love homemade bread, great post, thanks for sharing. You have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
wow ~ I bet her house smelled wonderful! Thanks for posting a family heirloom recipe.jett2whit in Union City loved it