Pumpkin Apple Gingerbread CakeFrom chefelaine 7 years ago
- 3 1/2 cups cake and pastry flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin Pie concentrate shopping list
- 1 cup (1 large) baking apple, (such as granny smith) peeled, shredded shopping list
- 1/2 cup molasses shopping list
- powdered sugar (for garnishing) shopping list
How to make it
- HARD SAUCE (recipe below)
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour 12-cup Bundt pan.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder, ginger, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Beat in eggs two at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in pumpkin, apple and molasses.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- SPOON batter into prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in bread comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes; invert onto serving platter.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
- Serve warm with Hard Sauce.
- FOR HARD SAUCE:
- Beat 1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in small mixing bowl until smooth.
- Gradually beat in 2 cups sifted powdered sugar until fluffy.
- Served with a dollop of fresh whipped cream, or a scoop of your favorite ice cream, this dessert will please all who eat it! :+D
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating18 people
love the wonderful picture delicous recipe thanks Chef.momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This looks wonderful. Great post~~Patpleclare in Framingham loved it
Yum...what says fall better than pumpkin, apples and gingerbread? Sounds perfect.lindabtx in Plano loved it