Bratwurst Reuben Sandwich German DishFrom lovingmybabbyalways 7 years ago
- Sandwich Ingredients: shopping list
- 5 bratwurst links , (Johnsonville is a good brand) shopping list
- 1 pkg. hoagie or bratwurst rolls shopping list
- 1 pkg. sliced swiss cheese (6-8 slices) shopping list
- 1 cup thousand island dressing shopping list
- sauerkraut Topping: shopping list
- 1-14.5 oz. can sauerkraut, drained shopping list
- 3/4 cup large red onion, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions, green part only shopping list
- 1-2 tbsp. vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2-3/4 tsp. sugar to taste shopping list
- 1/2-3/4 tsp. garlic powder to taste shopping list
- 2-3 dashes favorite hot sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Carefully cut lengthwise each bratwurst (only 2/3 the way through).
- Gently flatten for quick and easy cooking. Prepare bratwurst
- according to package directions in skillet. Note: Cook time will be
- shortened. Cook until no longer visibly pink. Place bratwurst to side
- keeping warm on low oven setting. Carefully drain excess liquid.
- Add vegetable oil and return skillet to medium-high heat setting. Add
- sliced red onion and green pepper, sauté for 2-5 minutes until
- slightly tender. Add sauerkraut and gently heat together. Add
- seasonings and scallions and keep warm. Add cooked bratwurst,
- sauerkrautm Thousand Island dressing and cheese on a roll.
- Serves 5. Refrigerate leftovers.
The Cooklovingmybabbyalways Winchester VA, VA
The Rating10 people
Sauerkraut! I love it! High 5!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Will love this one, you have my 5, must go check out your other posts. Love German and Polish food. I have both German and Polish in my nationality. BTW, Welcome and thank you for the friend invite, I look forward to sharing recipes with you.henrie in Savannah loved it
I do like a good brat, I have not tried them this way but it looks like I will have to.
mark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!