Key Lime CheesecakeFrom magflower 9 years ago
- 10 inch springform/wrapped in foil...OVEN 350f with hot water bath on center rack shopping list
- CRUST shopping list
- 3C graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- 3T sugar shopping list
- 4T unsalted butter (approximately)melted shopping list
- MIX INGREDIENTS TILL THEY JUST HOLD TOGETHER/ PRESS INTO THE BOTTOM AND UP THE SIDES OF SPRINGFORM. BAKE ABOUT 5-8 MINUTES TO SET CRUST. Set aside to cool. shopping list
- FILLING shopping list
- 3 lg eggs, separated (Make sure there is no yolk in the whites). shopping list
- 11/2 lbs cream cheese softened. shopping list
- 1/2 C fresh squeezed keylime juice (or whatever) shopping list
- 11/2C plus 3T sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Beat eggwhites JUST until stiff on med speed, sprinkle in 3T sugar beat another two-ish minutes.
- beat together cream cheese and egg yolks till nice and smooth
- add key lime juice and 11/2C sugar beating about another two minutes..till smoooooth
- By hand gently fold whites into cream cheese mixture till blended.
- Pour batter into pan (it will fill a ten inch) and bake in a hot water bath in center of oven for 45 to 55 minutes. Til tester comes out clean. You might think they're underdone..they look jiggly sometimes. After 45 minutes or when cake tester comes out clean, turn oven off and open door a bit and leave the cake in there for 30 minutes..then remove to wire rack to cool completely Run thin knife around edge before releasing the springform pan. Beautiful paired with fresh berries and a chamborg whipped cream. 12 servings.
- don't slide the rack in and out of the oven..remove top rack so you get at the cake.
- Don't open oven door for the first 30 minutes of baking..If it's browning too fast, reduce temp to 325.