Phyllo Wrapped Crab and BrieFrom mrjwjohnson 6 years ago
- 1/2 pound crabmeat shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 2 teaspoons minced parsley shopping list
- Tabasco to taste (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 pound brie, cut into thin slices shopping list
- 15 sheets phyllo (1/2 pound) shopping list
- 3/4 cup clarified butter shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter; add red pepper and sauté until tender. Add the crab, heat through and season with salt, pepper Old Bay and Tabasco. Spread slices of Brie over crab. Keep over low heat without stirring until Brie softens enough to be stirred without breaking lumps of crab. Set aside and allow mixture to cool.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove 5 sheets of phyllo and cut in half lengthwise. For each packet, lay out 1 strip phyllo with the short end toward you, and brush with butter. Place about 1 1/2 teaspoons filling in corner of strip. Fold over to make a triangle shape and roll triangle over triangle till you reach the end and brush with butter. Repeat until all ingredients are used. Bake 20 to 25 minutes until crisp and golden. The triangles can be made ahead and frozen before baking.
- Serve hot.
The Cookmrjwjohnson Delmar, MD
The Rating7 people
MMMMMMMMMMM. Wow great appetizer.linspj in New Hartford loved it
Oh man, oh man, oh man....does this sounds absolutely, perfectly out of this world! Not only that, you've surprised me with a crab recipe that isn't even similar to anything else. A-1, top of the line, 5!crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it
"5"FORK!!!!! FANTASTIC (^_^) ~
~*~ mjcmcook ~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it