Nantucket Bay Scallop SauteFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- A HOW-TO -TIP FROM NEIL PATRICK HUDSON FORMER CHEF AT THE NANTUCKET HOTEL shopping list
- ----------------------------- shopping list
- Serve with crusty French bread for dipping in the sauce. Because scallops contain a lot of water that gushes out as soon as they are hot, they need a lot of heat applied quickly. It’s important to pat the scallops dry and get your pan (and the oil mixture) very hot—this ensures the scallops brown and not water out. Also, make sure the scallops aren’t crowded in the skillet, as that will cause them to steam. (I didn't know that!) shopping list
- --------------------------- shopping list
- 1 tablespoon canola oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 pound bay scallops, patted dry shopping list
- 2 garlic clove, slivered shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 3 tablespoons white wine (not cooking wine) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Coarsely ground black pepper shopping list
- Chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil and half the butter in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat until mixture starts to brown.
- Add half the scallops and cook without moving until seared, about 30 seconds.
- Flip and sear other side, about 30 seconds.
- Remove from pan.
- Add remaining scallops and butter to pan and cook. Return first batch to pan and remove pan from heat.
- Add garlic, lemon juice and wine.
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating12 people
Mmmmm....scallops....mmmmm wave a scallop in front of me and I will follow you anywhere.mark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
YUMMY HIGH HIGHER>>>55555!! Love you, JM!! :()
lanacountry in Macon loved it
Nothing nicer than FRESH scallops!! HIGH FIVE :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it