LIME and COCONUT CookiesFrom minitindel 8 years ago
- 7 - tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1/2 - cup white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut shopping list
- 1-teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice shopping list
- 1 - teaspoon finely grated limes zest shopping list
- 1- egg, beaten shopping list
- 1- 1/2 cups plain flour shopping list
- 1-teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- 1/2- teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4- teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
- add the flaked coconut, lime juice, lime zest and mix well........
- beat in the egg......
- sift together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt and fold them into the butter mixture until a dough forms.........
- place the dough on a sheet of wax paper and roll into a cylinder about 2 inches in diameter, twisting the ends of the paper together........
- place in the freezer until the dough is firm
- preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- peel the wax paper away from the cylinder and cut the dough into 1/4 inch round slices...........
- place the cookies on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 5 to 7 minutes
- remove from oven and cool on a wire rack
- makes 24 cookies