Heart Healthy Pumpkin And Black Bean SoupFrom lanacountry 8 years ago
- Heart Healthy pumpkin and black bean Soup shopping list
- 1- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 4 cups canned or fresh low-sodium shopping list
- Swanson's 98% fat free chicken stock shopping list
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes in juice shopping list
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained shopping list
- 2 cans (15 ounces) pumpkin puree shopping list
- 1/2 cup light cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon curry powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- coarse salt shopping list
- fresh chives for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Heat soup pot over medium heat. Add oil.
- When oil is hot, add onion.
- Saute onions 5 minutes.
- Add broth, tomatoes, black beans and pumpkin puree.
- Stir to combine ingredients and bring soup to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and stir in cream, curry, cumin,
- cayenne and salt, to taste.
- Simmer 5 minutes, adjust seasonings and serve garnished with chives.
People Who Like This Dish 39
The Cooklanacountry Macon, GA
The Rating17 people
This sounds really good! You can even lower the fat by using Swanson's 98% fat free chicken stock - I use it in everything that calls for stock.
Great post, Lana!
Markmarkeverett in Riverside loved it
Sounds like another great way to use pumpkin. Saving for whenever we get cool weather here. High 5.lindabtx in Plano loved it
Black been soup is one that I make often. The addition of pumpkin is genius.
Five forks and waving flagstrigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!