Pakistani Style Fish CurryFrom ambus 5 years ago
- 1/3 cup oil shopping list
- 250 gm./3 medium onions,finely sliced shopping list
- 250 gm./1 cup yogurt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds(methi dana) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nigella seeds(kalonji) shopping list
- 3-4 cloves(loung) shopping list
- 5-6 whole black peppers(kali mirch) shopping list
- 2 large cardamoms(laichi) shopping list
- 2" cinnamon stick(darcheeni) shopping list
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste shopping list
- 1 tsp cumin seeds powder(zeera) shopping list
- 1 tbsp /to taste salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 2 medium potatoes,peeled & cut in large pieces shopping list
- 1 kg. fish pieces shopping list
- 1/2 tsp garam masala shopping list
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a large wide pan over medium heat.
- Add sliced onions and fry till golden brown.
- Drain from oil,let cool a bit,then grind to a fine powder.
- Combine yogurt and ground onion in a bowl and mix well.
- Reheat oil in the pan.Put in mustard seeds,nigella seeds,cloves,black pepper,cardamom and cinnamon.Allow them to splutter for 5-10 seconds.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry for 15-20 seconds.
- Add cumin seeds powder,turmeric powder,red chillies and coriander powder and 1 tbsp water.Stir-fry for few seconds.
- Quickly pour in the yogurt mixture,add salt and water.
- Bring to a boil.Cook,covered,on medium heat until water is reduced.
- Turn heat to medium-high,cook,stirring frequently,until water dries out and the sides of the pan leaves the oil.
- Now add potatoes and little water.Cook,covered until potaoes are done and no water left.
- Add the fish in a single layer in the pan.
- Simmer gently,spooning the sauce over the fish,until it has just cooked through.
- Sprinkle garam masala and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with Naan/chappati.
The Cookambus Lahore, PK
The Rating9 people
I love Fish.This will be one of my g8 recipes for fish prep.
thanks Ambuscherryflower70 in Dibrugarh loved it
I'll buy that! good job and good to see you! ^5mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Very nice Ambus.. This will be on my table very soon..... High 5 Jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it
Anything Goes286 members
FROM SCRATCH146 members
From Middle Eastern Lands253 members
Asian Foods233 members
Family Favorites138 members
Tried And True Recipes39 members
Checkin Central283 members
Delicious Foods39 members
Tasty Asian Curries44 members
Pakistani Recipes Collection32 members