Sugar-free Whole Wheat Pumpkin RollFrom suzey0918 8 years ago
- CAKE: shopping list
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 cup splenda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1 cup pumpkin shopping list
- 2 tablespoons powdered milk shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped shopping list
- 3 tablespoons splenda shopping list
- FILLING: shopping list
- 1 8-oz. low fat cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/3 cup splenda shopping list
- 1 8-oz container whipped topping (light, fat free, or sugar-free) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease 10 x 15 jelly roll pan, line with waxed paper (bottom and sides), then grease and flour wax paper.
- In a bowl combine flour, 1 cup splenda, baking soda, baking powder, spices. Whisk to mix ingredients.
- Add pumpkin, eggs, and powdered milk. Mix until well blended.
- Pour into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes, until it springs back when lightly touched (do not overbake, this will cause the cake to dry out too much and crack when rolling).
- Sprinkle cotton dish towel (I use a place mat) with the 3 tablespoons of splenda. Remove cake to splenda-covered towel, carefully peel off waxed paper and immediately loosely roll the cake into the towel.
- Place rolled cake onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Blend the cream cheese with the splenda. Fold in cool whip.
- Carefully unroll the cake, spread the filling and re-roll. Wrap in waxed paper, then in aluminum foil.
- Place in refrigerator for several hours to give the filling a chance to set up.