Utica GreensFrom linspj 6 years ago
- 1 large escarole (or 2 small heads) shopping list
- 4 slices prosciutto, thin slices, chopped shopping list
- 1-2 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 long italian hot peppers, seeded & julienned shopping list
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup pecorino romano cheese, grated shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste (at the very end) shopping list
How to make it
- Clean and rinse escarole twice; chop in large pieces.
- Boil down for 5 or 6 minutes so it’s tender and wilted.
- Place olive oil in a saute pan and heat.
- Add chopped garlic and prosciutto and render for 2 or 3 minutes. Do not burn garlic.
- Add seeded peppers and cook another minute or so.
- Add the escarole and all the other ingredients in the pan.
- Gradually add the bread crumbs and grated cheese, tossing gently until blended.
- Taste for final salt and pepper seasoning.
- Place in a casserole; sprinkle a little of the bread crumbs and place under a broiler for 3-4 minutes. Serve hot.
- Also good for lunch with some good crusty warm Italian bread
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cooklinspj New Hartford, NY
The Rating5 people
yumyishiouspuddlewonderful in Beverly Hills Adjacent loved it
wonderful thanks for the post and many 5s from me to you!mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
YUMMY good 55555!! :)lanacountry in Macon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!