Sweet Potato LatkesFrom pudgy47 6 years ago
- 2 medium sweet potatoes shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamom shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 to 2 tbsps. potato flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup brown sugar shopping list
- oil, for frying shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
- sugared pecans shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Parboil potatoes in boiling water until slightly tender but firm. Re frigerate potatoes until cold. Remove skin and shred into bowl.
- 2. Add egg, vanilla, cinnamom, nutmeg, potato flour and brown sugar. Mix until well blended.
- 3. Coat bottom of 10 inch non-stick skillet with 2 tbsps. oil. Shape latkes into 2-1/2 inch patties. Cook until brown on both sides and transfer to paper towels to drain briefly. Add oil as needed to remaining batches. spoon sour cream on top each latke. top with Sugared Pecans.
- 4. Sugared Pecans:
- 1 cup whole pecans
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 5. Spread pecans on baking sheet and brush with egg white. Sprinkle sugar on top and bake at 400F. for 9 to 12 minutes. Cool.