Risotto With AsparagusFrom cookingforfun 8 years ago
- * 1 lb asparagus shopping list
- * 5 cups vegetable broth shopping list
- * 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- * 2 + 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- * 4 oz onion, chopped shopping list
- * 1 1/2 cups arborio rice (Italian) shopping list
- * salt and pepper shopping list
- * 1/2 cup white wine shopping list
- * 4 - 5 tablespoons parmigiano reggiano cheese, freshly grated shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan put 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter, and turn heat to medium. When the butter starts foaming add the onion. Sauté until the onion is soft.
- * Add rice, stir for about 2 minutes, add salt and pepper.
- * Add the wine, and stir for about 2 minutes until absorbed.
- * Add asparagus stem and one quarter cup broth.
- Stir to prevent the rice from sticking to the pan. When the rice begins absorbing the liquid, add more broth.
- * Repeat this step of adding the broth and stirring, keeping the rice at the consistency of a dense paste.
- * After about 12 minutes add the asparagus spears.
- * Continue adding the broth and stirring as indicated above.
- * After about 18 minutes add the rest of the butter, parmigiano reggiano cheese, and continue stirring and adding broth.
- *The rice will be ready in about 2 more minutes, when al dente (firm but not too soft or overcooked). Cooking time may vary.
- Let the risotto set for about 2 minutes. Serve hot.
The Cookcookingforfun Marblehead, MA
The Rating13 people
Sounds wonderful....can't wait to try....:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
This looks so good. I might have to make this for dinner tonight. Risotto is one of my favorite meals.alexa586 in Thorofare loved it
This sounds wonderful! I love Asgaragus, definately saving this one! High 5!annielikestocook in Annacotty loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!