Sauted Boneless Breast of Chicken with Mushroom SauceFrom chefelaine 6 years ago
- 2 oz clarified butter shopping list
- 10 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- to taste --- salt shopping list
- to taste --- white pepper shopping list
- 2 oz flour (for dredging) shopping list
- 10 oz mushrooms (white) sliced shopping list
- 1 oz lemon juice shopping list
- 2.5 cup Suprême sauce, hot (see recipe) shopping list
- ======================================= shopping list
- For the Suprême sauce: shopping list
- 2 qt chicken velouté shopping list
- 1 pt heavy cream shopping list
- 2 oz butter shopping list
- to taste salt shopping list
- to taste white pepper shopping list
- to taste lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Add enough clarified butter to a sauté pan to just cover the bottom with a thin film.
- Place on the range over moderate heat.
- While the pan is heating, season the chicken breasts and dredge in flour.
- Shake off excess flour.
- Place the breasts in the hot pan, presentation side (that is, the side that had the skin) down.
- Sauté over moderate heat until lightly browned and about half cooked.
- The heat must be regulated so the chicken doesn't brown too fast.
- Turn the chicken over and complete the cooking.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and place on hot dinner plates.
- Keep warm.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and sauté briefly.
- After a few seconds, before the mushrooms start to darken, add the lemon juice.
- Toss the mushrooms in the pan as they sauté.
- For the Suprême sauce:
- Add the suprême sauce to the pan and simmer for a few minutes, until reduced to the proper consistency.
- (The juices from the mushrooms will dilute the sauce.)
- Ladle 2 oz sauce over each portion and serve immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating51 people
Awesome recipe, Elaine!m11andrade in Kankakee loved it
Another winner, Elaine! Keep up the good work - my relatives will think I went to cooking school:)High five!!!angelinaw in St Louis loved it
mmmm... yummy!itsjustjuwah in Jena loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!