Grilled Cheese for Grown UpsFrom boofie 6 years ago
- 2 slices of yummeriffic bread (I like sourdough, a dense mutligrain, and seeded rye) shopping list
- Dijon or spicy brown mustard shopping list
- 1.5 oz shredded smoked gouda shopping list
- 1fresh, juicy, sweet tomato shopping list
- Assorted fresh herbs (I like basil, thyme, rosemary) shopping list
- extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- Course salt and pepper shopping list
- Smart balance, butter, margarine, pam, whatever you like. shopping list
How to make it
- Slice tomato as thin or as thick as you like it. Place in a bowl with a drizzle of olive oil, chopped fresh herbs, and course salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, smear one side of each piece of bread with butter.
- Lay one piece of bread down, dry side up. Spread mustard on the dry slice and sprinkle with enough cheese to cover. Layer herbed tomato slices over cheese, and sprinkle another layer of gouda. Add another layer of tomato slices and remaining cheese.
- Apply mustardy goodness to the other piece of bread (not the side with butter, duh) and place it atop your sammich, butter side up.
- Grill on a hot skillet or griddle (or one of those George Foreman things) until golden, gooey, melty, and yumyumyumerlicious.
- Allow to sit a minute or two before cutting. Enjoy being a grownup and eating a totally awesome grilled cheese.
The Cookboofie Salt Lake City, UT
The Rating8 people
HIGH 5 ON THIS ONE, DAMN GIRL THIS IS THE BOMB!txbackyardcook in FORT WORTH loved it
oh yeah, baby!!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
This sounds absolutely fantastic!! I can't wait to try this just as you've written it, and all sorts of yummy variations with different cheeses and toppings are already coming to mind, like brie, some sauteed mushrooms, some garlic(i am fairly mushro...morealuminum_chef in Montreal loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!