Ricotta Cheese And Buttermilk PancakesFrom chacha 5 years ago
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 2 large eggs, separated shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 1/4 cup orange juice shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups strawberries, cut in quarters or berry or your choice shopping list
How to make it
- Mix together flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg yolks, oil, buttermilk, ricotta cheese, orange juice and vanilla extract.
- Whisk together until smooth.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the liquid mixture.
- Mix together until ingredients are just blended.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until just barely stiff.
- Gently fold the beaten egg whites into the batter until blended.
- Allow to sit for about 15 minutes.
- Pour the batter into a heated, oiled frying pan and fry until you see bubbles forming on the top.
- Flip the pancakes over and fry until lightly golden in color.
- Place a dollop of butter on plated pancakes with a sprinkle of strawberries.
- Serve with warm maple syrup.
- Note: I also like to serve these pancakes with slices of apples or bananas that have been sauted in butter and 1-1/2 tsp. cinnamon.
The Cookchacha New York, NY
The Rating6 people
Everyone in my family gets such a charge out of the different types of pancakes I prepare. This will be next on my list and it looks like a great 5 fork pancake recipe.peepers in loved it
Mmmmm... This sounds so delicious! Making these ASAP!juels in Clayton loved it
Soo delicious way to start your morning!elgab89 in Toronto loved it