Yummy Ground Beef DipFrom kytigger 5 years ago
- 2 pounds lean ground beef shopping list
- - 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- - 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and minced, optional) shopping list
- - 2 cloves garlic (crushed and minced) shopping list
- - 1 can (4 ounces) mild chile peppers (chopped) shopping list
- - 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste shopping list
- - 2 cans (8 oz. each) tomato sauce shopping list
- - 1/2 cup ketchup shopping list
- - 1 tsp oregano shopping list
- - 16 oz. cream cheese, softened and cut in cubes shopping list
- - 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- - 1 1/2 tsp chili powder, mild to medium heat shopping list
- chips for dipping shopping list
How to make it
- Brown the ground beef with onion and jalapeno pepper in a medium sized skillet. Drain off the fat and pour browned meat into your crockpot.
- Add garlic, chile peppers, salt, tomato sauce, ketchup, oregano, sugar, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese and chili powder to the meat mixture in the crockpot.
- Set your crockpot on LOW for approximately 2 hours. Make sure that the cream cheese has melted and is thoroughly blended. Stir, taste it (yummy!), and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Lastly, thing to do is to serve this delicious ground beef dip directly from the crockpot or move it to a chafing dish. Serve your favorite chips for dipping, and watch it disappear before your eyes.
The Cookkytigger Louisville, KY
The Rating4 people
Oh wow! This sounds like it's so good! In fact, I think I'll make some and just hook an IV up to my arm with this in there, lol! --Kn0x--knoxcop in Knoxville loved it
Great recipe for entertaining. I appreciate anything like this that isn't going to consume a lot of my time but will taste good. Thanks for a 5 fork dip recipe.mishi in loved it
Sounds wonderful, a nice change from the Velveeta type I make. Can't wait to try it! Thank you!debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it