Homemade Cheese bread sticksFrom peetabear 6 years ago
- Dough: shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 2 Tbs. milk shopping list
- 2 tsp. sugar shopping list
- 1 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 Tbs. shortening shopping list
- 1 Tbs. olive oil shopping list
- 1 Tbs. corn meal shopping list
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/4 tsp. yeast shopping list
- other ingredients: shopping list
- 1/3 batch dough shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- parmesan cheese shopping list
- fine corn meal shopping list
How to make it
- Place water, milk, sugar, salt, shortening and olive oil in bowl and dissolve sugar and salt. Stir in yeast, corn meal, and flour and knead to form a soft, but not-too sticky dough (8-10 minutes). Allow to rest, covered with a towel for about 45 minutes.
- Deflate dough very gently before using and allow it to rest a further 15 minutes.
- You can store dough for up to 2 days in a plastic bag in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and sprinkle with corn meal.
- Roll out dough on a floured board, about 1/4 inch thick. Cut with a pastry wheel or anyway you can, into long strips (10-12 inches long) and roll with tips of fingers so it is cylinder shaped (like a miniature baguette.)
- Gently lift bread sticks onto baking sheet. Brush with oil or butter. Sprinkle with cheese (or coarse salt, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, herbs, caraway seeds).
- You can also make them thicker and let rise 20 minutes. Paint with an egg wash and sprinkle salt, sesame seeds, or whatever you like on them.
- Bake 5-8 minutes until evenly browned. They will crisp as they cool.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating7 people
yummy peeta it sounds very goodminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Great recipe. High 5 my friendbrianna in loved it
Nothing like homemade breadsticks - they would be gone in 5 seconds in my house - so here is a 5 for you!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!