Aussie Apple Bourbon Corn Bread PuddingFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- 2 tbl unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 lb corn bread shopping list
- OR shopping list
- corn toaster cakes shopping list
- 3 cup milk shopping list
- 3 granny smith apples shopping list
- Peeled, cored, and cubed shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup Firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup light cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup bourbon shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the cornbread into one inch cubes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the bottom of a GLASS or Ceramic 9 1/2 x 13 1/2 x 2 inch baking dish with 2 teaspoons of the butter.
- Scatter the corn bread cubes in an even layer.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of the milk over top and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Scatter the apples over the bread.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, salt, remaining milk, cream, bourbon and vanilla until smooth
- Pour over the bread and apples and mix to coat and submerge all the bread.
- Scatter the remaining butter in pieces over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for one hour, until top is brown and custard is set.
- Allow the pudding to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 4
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating18 people
wont use the bourbon but the rest saounds fantastic thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Petedagnabbit in Barrie loved it
this sounds interesting.... I can use a gluten free corn bread... will give it a try the next time I make the bread...a five for youpeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it