Eggplant And Rice CasseroleFrom lacrenshaw 5 years ago
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- olive oil to saute onion (you may need more after eggplant goes into pan) shopping list
- 1 large eggplant, peeled & 1/4" dice shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups white rice shopping list
- stock to cover (usually 2 cans, if using canned) shopping list
- 24 ounces marinara sauce shopping list
- 5.75 ounces ripe olives, sliced shopping list
- 5.75 ounces green olives, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, saute the onion in olive oil until tender.
- Add rice and stir to coat with oil.
- Add the eggplant and cook until soft (this could take a bit).
- Cover with stock and allow rice to simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add sauce to the skillet and combine well.
- Stir in green and black olives.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Pour all into a 13x9x2 pan.
- Bake, covered, for 45 minutes.