Irish Beef and Stout StewFrom hayleesgrandma 5 years ago
- 4 pounds beef chuck, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste shopping list
- 2 1/2 pounds new potatoes, scrubbed shopping list
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth shopping list
- 1 can (14.9 ounces) Irish stout beer shopping list
- 10 garlic cloves, sliced shopping list
- coarse salt and ground pepper shopping list
- 2 boxes (10 ounces each) frozen baby peas, thawed shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350. In a 5-quart Dutch oven or heavy pot, toss beef with flour; stir in tomato paste. Add potatoes, onions, broth, beer, and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cover, and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer pot to oven, and cook, covered, until meat is fork-tender, 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Stir in peas, and season with salt and pepper.
- Helpful Hint
- To freeze, divide stew among airtight plastic containers. Freeze up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in refrigerator (or place containers under cold running water to release stew) before reheating.
The Cookhayleesgrandma Waldron, AR
The Rating4 people
Glad to see you're freezing some, thought you were feeding an army. This looks yummy.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
Looks good to memark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
good recipe - thank you -leebearleebear in Brookpark loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!