Sunshine Cornish Hens For 2From mystic_river1 8 years ago
- 40 ounces cranberry juice cocktail shopping list
- 16 ounces pomegranate juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped raw garlic shopping list
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 2 tablespoons curry powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric shopping list
- 2 Cornish hens, about 1 3/4 pounds each shopping list
- 2 tablespoons oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh pomegranate seeds shopping list
- cranberry sauce or relish, warmed shopping list
How to make it
- MARINATE TIME OVERNIGHT
- THE NIGHT BEFORE:
- In a large bowl, mix together the first nine ingredients. Stir well so the spices dissolve.
- With a large kitchen knife, split the hens along the side of the backbone. Flatten them slightly with the palm of your hand. Immerse them in the seasoned liquid, cover well and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- TO COOK:
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Remove the hens from the liquid, and place them skin up in a roasting pan lightly brushed with oil.
- They should lay flat, with the legs nearly tucked up over the breast meat.
- Brush the skin lightly with the oil and place in the oven.
- Cook about 45 minutes, until the meat is cooked through.
- Serve the hens with the seeds sprinkled on top and the relish on the side.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating20 people
Yummers Jm..:)5lanacountry in Macon loved it
I love this seasoning, so rich! I will definitely try it! Thanks for sharing :) *5*gourmetana in London loved it
Yummers, love the sounds of this one. Great post and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it