Cranberry Rice PilafFrom pleclare 8 years ago
- 3/4c chopped celery shopping list
- 1/2c chopped onion shopping list
- 2Tbs butter shopping list
- 1Tbs olive oil shopping list
- 1c uncooked long grain rice shopping list
- 21/2c chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2c chopped mushrooms shopping list
- 1/2c dried cranberries shopping list
- 1/2tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2tsp curry powder shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 2Tbs minced fresh parsley shopping list
- 3Tbs pine nuts,toasted shopping list
How to make it
- In lg. saucepan,saute celery and onion in butter and oil till tender. Add rice;cook and stir for 5 mins or till lightly browned.
- Add the broth,mushrooms,cranberries,garlic powder,curry powder,salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;cover and simmer 2o mins. or till liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Remove from heat. Stir in parsley;sprinkle with pine nuts.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating5 people
Yum, this sounds fantastic. I love cranberries in rice and the addition of mushrooms and pine nuts makes it that much better. Yummers and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
I love this! It gets my 5, too!m11andrade in Kankakee loved it
Very nice recipe...sounds delicious!
A definite 5 forks!
Thanks for sharing =)pinkpasta in Upstate loved it