Roasted Potatoes and ArtichokesFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh lemon zest shopping list
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped basil leaves shopping list
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic shopping list
- 2 pounds red potatoes shopping list
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 unpeeled garlic cloves shopping list
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs shopping list
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs shopping list
- 6 large artichokes trimmed Italian style shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed fresh flat leaf parsley leaves shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Combine zest, basil, garlic then preheat oven to 400.
- In large shallow baking pan rub potatoes with 2 tablespoons oil and season with pepper and salt.
- Add garlic, rosemary and thyme and roast potatoes in middle of oven shaking pan occasionally.
- Roast for 30 minutes then reduce temperature to 350.
- Peel roasted garlic then drain trimmed artichokes and pat dry.
- Quarter artichoke halves lengthwise.
- In large deep nonstick skillet warm remaining oil over moderately low heat.
- Cook artichokes with garlic stirring frequently for 5 minutes.
- Add pepper and salt to taste then add 1 cup broth and cook stirring occasionally for 15 minutes.
- Add artichokes and garlic to potatoes and halve any larger potatoes.
- Heat vegetables in middle of oven until just heated through about 10 minutes.
- While vegetables are heating chop remaining herbs.
- Add chopped herbs, 3/4 of the zest mixture, salt and pepper to taste then combine well.
- Serve vegetables sprinkled with remaining zest mixture.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating7 people
Saving this recipe, it's a winner!juels in Clayton loved it
Yummy! Scrumptous! Fantastic! Too bad I can only give you a 5! Saving and will try over the holidays, along with the roasted beets.angelinaw in St Louis loved it
fantastic cat great job i love itminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!