Macaroni and Cheese with BroccoliFrom lacrenshaw 8 years ago
- 1 pound large "shape" pasta (shells, elbows, etc.) shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups whole milk shopping list
- 1/2 pound (or to taste) American cheese shopping list
- 8 ounces (or to taste) shredded cheddar shopping list
- 1 small head broccoli shopping list
- bread crumbs to sprinkle shopping list
- butter to dot shopping list
How to make it
- Cut broccoli into a little smaller than bite-size pieces.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the flour and whisk and cook until smooth.
- Gradually whisk in the 2 cups of milk, stirring until mixture begins to thicken.
- Put American cheese slices (2 or 3 at a time) into sauce.
- Stir to melt.
- Continue until all American cheese is gone.
- Drain the pasta.
- Pour half the pasta into a 13x9x2 pan.
- Put 1/2 the shredded cheddar on top.
- Place all of the broccoli on top of the cheddar.
- Add the remaining pasta.
- Top with the rest of the cheddar.
- Pour cheese sauce carefully over the casserole.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until top is browned.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating7 people
This sounds yummmy! I will have to adapt recipe to wheat free - I am allergic - but I know it will turn out great - thanks for posting - 5 forks to you!lincolntoot in Freehold loved it
Oooooooooo i can smell it now its only 9: 55 am too oh wow im hungry now hahaha..........**5**minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Goes in my book. Thanks :)donman in Hammond loved it