Mas Impossible Pie - An Eastern Nc Version Of Grannys Coconut CustardFrom debntim 6 years ago
- 4 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour (Don’t substitute any other flour for this one!) shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 stick butter, melted (Don’t substitute margarine!) shopping list
- 1 7-ounce package coconut (or, freshly grated, if you like) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat the eggs. Add sugar and mix well.
- Gradually add flour.
- Slowly pour in milk while mixer is on slowest speed.
- Add vanilla, blend in melted butter, then stir the coconut into the mixture.
- Pour into Ungreased 9” pie pan.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until very light golden brown on top.
- Allow to set before cutting, approximately 15 minutes.
- This is an impossible pie to save ~ get your piece first before it disappears! Enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookdebntim Outer Banks, NC
The Rating10 people
HIGH FIVE!! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Sounds really easy and delicious!juels in Clayton loved it
Lura is the coconut lover in the family, but this sounds impossibly good, to go along with the impossible pie shell. Thank you,
mark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it