Chicken And Chayote LasagnaFrom gourmetana 7 years ago
- 2 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 3 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 chicken breast, finelly minced shopping list
- Half a spanish chorizo (or your favorite), finelly minced shopping list
- 1 chayote, chopped shopping list
- 1 small can of tomatoes (plus juice), chopped shopping list
- 2 hands full fresh spinach, chopped shopping list
- 1 hand full fresh beetroot leaves, chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp each: basel and oregano shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 12 uncooked lasagna sheets shopping list
- 2 cups bechamel sauce shopping list
- parmesan cheese to your taste (I used about 3 tablespoons) shopping list
How to make it
- Fry the onions and garlic in olive oil for about 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken breast and chorizo and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Toss in the tomatoes and juice and the chayote. Season with the herbs, salt and pepper and cook for 30 minutes in low heat.
- Add the spinach and beetroot leaves and cook for 1 minute only. Take off the heat.
- Assemble the lasagna by pouring some of the tomato juice from your pan in the bottom of the baking dish before you place the first lasagna sheets. This will prevent the lasagna to stick to your baking dish. Then place some of the stew over the pasta, then another layer of pasta. Over that another layer of stew and some spoons of bechamel and so on. Finish with pasta and pour the rest of bechamel over as well as parmesan cheese.
- Put the baking dish into the oven for 30 minutes.
The Cookgourmetana London, UK
The Rating8 people
Great recipe! Do you think you could drop off a ready-made pan today? Mmmmmjett2whit in Union City loved it
Terrific recipe!! HIGH FIVE! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Hi Ana, You my dear, are one creative individual!! I love this recipe and love the combo of Chicken and Chayote. Thanks a bunch for sharing this........ ;-)~~ High 5
PS.. Your photos are super!!jimrug1 in Peoria loved it