Green Tomato MincemeatFrom notyourmomma 5 years ago
- 3 cups green tomatoes, washed and chopped shopping list
- 3 cups of apples, peeled cored and chopped shopping list
- 2 cups of firmly packed dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup of white vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon of cloves shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon of fresh ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups of raisins shopping list
- 1/2 cup of butter shopping list
How to make it
- Put tomatoes in colander and drain well.
- Discard the juice.
- In a large saucepan, combine the tomatoes and apples with the brown sugar and vinegar.
- Stir well and heat slowly to the boiling point, stirring often.
- Add spices and salt.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 3 hours, adding the raisins at the one and a half hour mark.
- Stir in butter and remove from heat.
- Allow to cool before using as a pie filling.
- Keeps well canned or frozen.
- A few drops of brandy can be added just before baking to enhance the flavor of the chutney.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating5 people
Oh, Wow....my Mom made green tomato mincemeat every year. It was a huge hit!!!
Great post!pat2me in Nashua loved it
Very different recipe, I really like it!juels in Clayton loved it
Awesome. I could get down on this.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!