Dutch CustardFrom greekgirrrl 8 years ago
How to make it
- In a small bowl, mix together the custard powder and 1/2 cup of the
- milk; set aside.
- Sprinkle the sugar into a saucepan over medium heat.
- When the sugar begins to caramelize, add the remaining milk and coffee
- to the pan, and bring to a boil.
- At this stage, the caramel will become
- very crusty.
- Reduce heat to low, and cook until the sugar dissolves,
- about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the custard powder mixture, and cook, stirring
- until the custard thickens.
- Remove from heat, and whisk in the egg
- In a clean glass or metal bowl, whip the egg white until soft peaks
- Fold the egg white carefully into the custard mixture.
- to a serving dish and refrigerate until firm.
People Who Like This Dish 11
- MustLoveYellow Pittsboro, North Carolina
- mohacsi6 Nowhere, Us
- lunasea Orlando, FL
- jimrug1 Peoria, IL
- aliarif Indore, IN
- lanacountry Macon, GA
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- juels Clayton, NC
- rescue_ranger New Baltimore, VA
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- Plus 1 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookgreekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
The Rating11 people
Wow i love custard so does my mom i think ill will make this today ot tomorrow for her ,,,,,yum GG
tink aka miniminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Hi Greekgir I did the conversion for you ( I am preaty sure my math is good) recipe sounds great will give it a try
1 2 C whole milk, divided
2 1 1/4 C white sugar
3 4 oz strong brewed coffee
4...morerescue_ranger in New Baltimore loved it
Yummy, love custard! Thanks for posting such nice recipes!juels in Clayton loved it