Brown Rice With Cashews Spinach And MushroomsFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onions shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms sliced shopping list
- 1 cup brown rice shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups hot beef stock shopping list
- 5 ounces fresh spinach shopping list
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cashews divided shopping list
- 4 ounces shredded swiss cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Heat butter and olive oil in large skillet over medium heat then add onion, celery and mushrooms and cook over medium heat until tender.
- Add brown rice and cook and stir until rice is golden about 10 minutes.
- Stir in parsley, dill, thyme and pepper then add beef stock and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer 55 minutes.
- Meanwhile rinse and dry spinach.
- Tear off stems and cut or tear leaves into shreds or small pieces.
- About 5 minutes before rice is done quickly add spinach without stirring.
- Return lid and cook until rice is done.
- Remove skillet from heat and add 1/2 cup cashews.
- Stir in nuts and spinach and place in 2-quart serving dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese and remaining cashews.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating4 people
This looks so delish. I can't wait to try.jencathen in loved it
This sounds excellent. I will have to make this very soon.trackwidow in Fort Atkinson loved it
This sounds incredible.I only serve brown rice.It is one of the good for you foods I eat.Of course there are more bad for you foods on my menu.This is going on my table this week!!!nanny in Haddam loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!