Peanut Butter Candy Caramel BarsFrom minitindel 8 years ago
- peanut butter candy bar batter shopping list
- 1 1/4 - cups unsifted bleached cake flour shopping list
- 2- tablespoons plus 1 1/2teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 - teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 - pound ( 16 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted and cooled to tepid shopping list
- 4- ounces unsweetened chocolate , melted and cooled to tepid shopping list
- 4- large eggs shopping list
- 1 3/4- cups plus 2 tablespoons superfine sugar shopping list
- 3 - tablespoons smooth creamy peanut butter( do not use all natural here) shopping list
- 2 1/4- teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 4- bars of chocolate covered peanut butter candy such as (butterfingers) bars cut into 3/4 inch chunks.................. shopping list
- ********************************************* shopping list
- Topping ..my turtle topping previously posted............ shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees f.
- Film the inside of a 9x9 x 2 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray
- Mix the batter;
- Sift the flour , cocoa powder, baking powder, salt onto a sheet of waxed paper
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk the melted chocolate until smooth
- In a large mixing bowl , whisk eggs until blended, about 15 seconds
- Add the sugar, vanilla extract, and peanut butter and whisk until the peanut butter is mostly integrated, about 45 seconds.
- Whisk in the melted butter- chococlate mixture
- Sift the flour mixture over and stir ro form a batter, mixing thoroughly until the particles of the flour are absorbed, using a wooden spoon or flat wooden paddle
- Blend in the chunks of candy…….
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan, spreading it evenly into the corners
- Smooth the top with a rubber spatula
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 38 minutes , or until set
- Let the bars stand in the pan on a cooling rack for 1 hour
- Spoon or drizzle the warm topping over the coolie base
- Let it stand until the topping is firm and completely cool about 2 hours………..
- With a small sharp knife cut into quarters then cut each quarter into 6 bars ………..
- Remove bars store air tight container
- or serve
- Use within 2 days
- Makes 2 dozen bars…….
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating10 people
Okay girl what are you doing, trying to top me with fabulous desserts LOL Sounds wonderful, another 5 forks coming your way.henrie in Savannah loved it
Oh, Yum!!! You just had to do it, didn't you?!! LOL!! High-5!meals4abby in Valders loved it
Yummy Yum..55555 :)lanacountry in Macon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!