L And Ls Famous Drive-in Barbequed ChickenFrom annieamie 4 years ago
How to make it
- If you can't find boneless, skin-on thighs...
- Butterfly chicken: After removing the bone, place thigh on cutting board and spread it apart so it lies flat. If necessary, cut through side of the thigh, holding knife parallel to cutting board, slicing almost but not all the way through. Spread the halves apart and flatten.
- Combine marinade ingredients and add chicken. Marinate, refrigerated, 4 to 5 hours.
- Chicken may be pan-fried, grilled over charcoal or baked at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. (At L&L, the chicken is cooked on the restaurants' griddles.)
- RICE RECIPE:
- Most of the rice served in Hawaii is a medium-grain rice, cooked in electric rice cookers. If you own a rice cooker, use 2 cups of well-rinsed rice and add water to about an inch above the rice level. Using your middle finger, stick it on top of the rice and when it hits the first bone in your finger where your finger bends, that's usually enough rice. Mrs. Vivia Lee Of Pacific Heights on Oahu taught me this over 30 years ago. (And it works!) Cook the rice in a rice cooker until the lever pops. Let the rice sit in cooker for 10 minutes or more and serve with salad below and chicken.
- Mac and Potato Salad, Hawaii-style
- 1 bag of large macaroni noodles cooked until soft, not al dente!
- 1 cup of regular mayonnaise (Kraft, Best Foods or Hellman's) No Miracle Whip, please
- 1/2 small can of regular tuna, drained or 1 bag dry tuna
- 3 celery sticks, chopped well
- 1 finely chopped large carrot
- 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 large russet potatoes, cooked and cubed (You can defrost a bag of O'Brien potatoes and add a cup or two)
- salt, pepper
- You can add a handful of frozen peas that have defrosted in a cup of hot water, without the water of course
- Mix all of the ingredients together and chill for 2 hours.
- Mix well and chill
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating10 people
Looks great! HIGH FIVE!chefelaine in Muskoka loved it
awsome gotta love it thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
There is no way you could go wrong with this recipe, it is surely good!albys1 in Broomall loved it
Cookin Moms348 members
Cooking Chicken203 members
Family Favorites135 members
Chicken Its Whats For DInner119 members
Local Kine Grinds36 members
Stuff Kids Will Eat46 members
Perfect For Parties And Potlucks79 members
Chicken Please142 members
Rice This Way Folks124 members
Polynesian Dishes7 members