Red Radish SoupFrom upstatevoyager 8 years ago
- 48 red radishes, trimmed shopping list
- 2 sweet onions, chopped shopping list
- 5 1/2 cups chicken stock or broth shopping list
- 6 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 4 cups half and half shopping list
- 6 tablespoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish shopping list
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise shopping list
How to make it
- In large saucepan, combine radishes (I cut them in half), onions and chicken stock or broth.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 35 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- In food processor, puree mixture. Set aside.
- In large saucepan or Dutch oven, melt butter. Whisk in flour and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add half and half and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk in Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, horseradish and mayonnaise. Add pureed radishes.
- Heat through.
- Can be held in slow cooker several hours if necessary.
The Cookupstatevoyager Scotia, NY
The Rating2 people
I just bet this IS wonderful to eat. I just printed it out and might even serve it up for Fathers Day :-) Thanks for this very interesting soup.dee in Tampa loved it
I made this soup and it was very very good. Husband type person liked it too. It is rich and something you won't want to eat tons of... a very nice bit of something different for the soup course. I am happy I tried it and would certainly make it aga...moredee in Tampa loved it
Yea!!! Bring on radish recipes! I look forward to trying this. I added a tag which hopefully makes this a bit more searchable and added the recipe to the Soup Is Good Food group.dancegypsy67 in Nipomo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!