Cowgirl BurritosFrom otterpond 5 years ago
- Makes 8 burritos shopping list
- 1 can pinto beans (14.5 oz) shopping list
- 1lb diced chicken breast shopping list
- 1 tsp bacon grease shopping list
- 3/4c water shopping list
- 1 cup onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup salsa ( I used Newman's Own medium) shopping list
- 4 oz pepper Jack cheese, shredded shopping list
- 2 tbsp Taco Potion 19 Alton Brown shopping list
- 1 tbsp Tabasco sauce shopping list
- 8 whole wheat tortilla, LaTortilla Factory shopping list
How to make it
- Heat skillet to medium high, after heated add the bacon drippings and coat the pan. Quick sear and brown the diced chicken breast. Turn the heat down a notch then add the onions for a bit of a saute.
- Mix the Taco Potion 19 Alton Brown into 3/4c of hot water. Pour over
- Pour the mix over the browned chicken and softened onions, let simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour in the salsa and pinto beans and mash well to combine. Add bean mixture to the chicken skillet and fold over to combine. Let simmer for another 10 minutes
- Warm tortillas in microwave wrapped in a dish towel with a bit of water
- Put about 1/2 cup of mixture on each tortilla. Top mixture with some shredded cheese and a dab or two of Tabasco and roll up.
- Top with some additional salsa. Serve warm.
People Who Like This Dish 18
The Cookotterpond Orlando, FL
The Rating5 people
These sound so good! Thanks for posting!! :)sharyl4 in Mohave Valley loved it
great idea really easy and none of my guest will know its not bad for them. lol except the ones on weightwatchers.maywest in Tangerine loved it
Nice recipe, will be on our table quite soon.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it