To Die For Mashed PotatoesFrom cgendy 5 years ago
How to make it
- Boil water in a medium pot.
- Wash potatoes thoroughly.
- Keep skins on and chop potatoes into 1 inch chunks.
- Add potatoes to boiling water, cover and let cook for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry up 6 strips of bacon and let cool.
- Chop up the bacon in to small bite size pieces and put aside.
- Test the potatoes by taking one chunk out and lightly mashing it with a fork. If it doesn't take a lot of strength to mash it then they are done.
- Strain the potatoes quickly and return hot potatoes to the pot.
- Add milk & sour cream and start mashing the potatoes with a potato masher
- Add the cheese and mash it till blended into the potatoes.
- Mix in the bacon & the chives.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste. Easy on the salt (cheese & bacon is already pretty salty).
- Enjoy! :)
The Cookcgendy Manalapan, NJ
The Rating8 people
Delicious, easy, and infinitely satisfying!boofie in Salt Lake City loved it
I have potato in one form or another every day.
I often send them to the oven for a bit to get a crispy browned top.trigger in loved it
P.S. Flagged as beautifultrigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!