Pastel PrettiesFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
How to make it
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt then set aside.
- Beat butter until soft then cream in sugar.
- Add egg, vanilla and anise extract mixing well then add in flour and mix until incorporated.
- Chill dough slightly for 30 minutes then divide dough in half.
- Return half to the refrigerator then divide the remaining half into three parts.
- Color one part pale pink, one part pale green and one part pale yellow.
- Roll each color into two 10” long ropes then place ropes on a baking sheet and refrigerate.
- Remove plain dough from refrigerator and divide in half and return half to refrigerator.
- Roll remaining half into a rectangle.
- Place one pink, one green and one yellow rope in rectangle with two on bottom and one on top.
- Wrap plain dough around ropes to form a casing.
- Wrap roll in plastic and refrigerate at least 45 minutes.
- Repeat process with remaining ropes and chilled dough.
- Slice chilled logs into 3/16" slices then place on ungreased baking sheets and bake 15 minutes.
- Cool on racks.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating4 people
ohhh I love the holidays!!! ^5peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Love anise, another great recipe! thanks for sharing, Chef!juels in Clayton loved it
I bet these are very pretty....how about some sambuca in coffee to go with these?!!!! Nice recipe. 5linspj in New Hartford loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!