Pastel PrettiesFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
How to make it
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt then set aside.
- Beat butter until soft then cream in sugar.
- Add egg, vanilla and anise extract mixing well then add in flour and mix until incorporated.
- Chill dough slightly for 30 minutes then divide dough in half.
- Return half to the refrigerator then divide the remaining half into three parts.
- Color one part pale pink, one part pale green and one part pale yellow.
- Roll each color into two 10” long ropes then place ropes on a baking sheet and refrigerate.
- Remove plain dough from refrigerator and divide in half and return half to refrigerator.
- Roll remaining half into a rectangle.
- Place one pink, one green and one yellow rope in rectangle with two on bottom and one on top.
- Wrap plain dough around ropes to form a casing.
- Wrap roll in plastic and refrigerate at least 45 minutes.
- Repeat process with remaining ropes and chilled dough.
- Slice chilled logs into 3/16" slices then place on ungreased baking sheets and bake 15 minutes.
- Cool on racks.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating4 people
They SOUND worth the effort and I adore anise! Thanks, meow and yet another 5.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
I bet these are very pretty....how about some sambuca in coffee to go with these?!!!! Nice recipe. 5linspj in New Hartford loved it
Love anise, another great recipe! thanks for sharing, Chef!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!