TORTELLINI CAESAR SALADFrom linspj 7 years ago
- 1 (9-14 oz.) pkg. frozen cheese tortellini (I always use frozen cheese tortellini) shopping list
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise (I use low fat mayonnaise) shopping list
- 1/4 c. milk (I use low fat or fat free milk) shopping list
- 1/4 c. freshly grated parmesan cheese (or you can use the shredded Parmesan in the bag found in the dairy case-don't use the one in the can though-it's way too dry and salty) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice shopping list
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely minced shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste (optional) shopping list
- 8 c. torn romaine lettuce shopping list
- 1/3 c. freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 c. seasoned croutons shopping list
- Halved grape or cherry tomatoes (optional-I use regular cut-up tomatoes when I don't have grape or cherry tomatoes-like in the salad in the picture) shopping list
How to make it
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, milk, 1/4 c. Parmesan, lemon juice, garlic and pepper.
- Place tortellini in a large salad bowl.
- Add the Romaine lettuce and 1/3 c. Parmesan.
- Just before serving, drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.
- Top with croutons and tomatoes, if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
The Cooklinspj New Hartford, NY
The Rating4 people
Beautiful picture Lin!! I love these meal salads. They great any time of the year in my opinion, ESPECIALLY on *those* days. I have to go put away my Thanksgiving dinner groceries before they melt. Ah!boofie in Salt Lake City loved it
Nummm! Thanks! Blessings, debdebntim in Outer Banks loved it
Looks soooo yummy! Thanks for the recipe!sagami in London loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!