Chunky Apple CakeFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 6 cups chopped peeled tart apples shopping list
- butterSCOTCH SAUCE: shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
How to make it
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well (batter will be stiff).
- Stir in apples until well combined.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until top is lightly browned and springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool for 30 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and butter.
- Cook over medium heat until butter is melted.
- Gradually add cream.
- Bring to a slow boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat.
- Serve with cake.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
Excellent recipe....I love apple cake! Thanxbumblebeez114 in Holly Hill loved it
This cake sounds alot like the Chunky Apple we made in the bakery, ours also had nuts and raisins. It was yummy! Will try your recipe and play with the other ingredients. Hope it works, if so I will be delighted. Thanks! High 5!gapeach55 in Covington loved it
I always look for new apple recipes, and this one sounds delicious! Love the sauce, too!juels in Clayton loved it