Sweet Potato CobblerFrom blueeyes68ky 8 years ago
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick shopping list
- 3-1/2 cups water shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, cubed shopping list
- ================================================== shopping list
- PASTRY: shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2/3 cup shortening shopping list
- 5 to 6 tablespoons cold water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted shopping list
- 4 teaspoons sugar shopping list
- whipped cream, optional shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan, cook sweet potatoes in water until crisp-tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain, reserving 1-1/2 cups cooking liquid.
- Layer potatoes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish; add reserved liquid.
- Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; sprinkle over potatoes.
- Dot with butter.
- For pastry, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms.
- On a floured surface, roll pastry inot a 13-in. x 9-in. rectangle.
- Place over filling; cut slits in top.
- Brush with butter; sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Spoon into dishes; top with whipped cream if desired.
- Yield: 10-12 serving.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookblueeyes68ky Owenton, KY
The Rating3 people
This is something I will make for Thanksgiving.
Thank you for sharing, Blue.
babyhomersmommy in West Bloomfield loved it
This was a hit with the family! I did use Splenda to cut down on the carbs. Sneaked a bit of the crust (love crust) and was very, very happy. Thank you for sharing this recipe.babyhomersmommy in West Bloomfield loved it
great delicous recipe Blue thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it