Scallops and Pasta with Fresh Tomato Cream SauceFrom linebb956 9 years ago
- 2 ripe tomatoes shopping list
- 1 gallon boiling water shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds bay scallops shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chives shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 2 cups cooked pasta shells shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Plunge the tomatoes into the water for 20 to 30 seconds or until the skin just begins to show a tiny split or two.
- Remove and let cool for a second or two.
- Peel the tomato under running water.
- Slice into halves and gently squeeze the tomato to force out the seeds.
- Chop the tomato quickly into a glass bowl until ready for use.
- (Glass is for the acid, it won't react with glass.)
- Rinse the scallops.
- Heat the butter in a pan and add the scallops.
- Cook and toss for a minute .
- Add the wine, shallots, chives, garlic and bell pepper.
- Cover the pan and let simmer for three minutes or until the scallops are just done.
- Remove the scallops with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the basil to the liquid from the cooked scallops and put into a separate bowl.
- Put the cream and chopped tomato into the pan and reduce over high heat buy one-half.
- Add the reserved liquid and reduce by half again.
- Add the pasta to this to heat through and then the scallops for just a minute.
- IF YOU USE REGULAR SCALLOPS... CUT IN HALF AS THEY ARE BIGGER.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.I would serve it on the side if it was me.. I don't like cheese on lots of seafood dishes. it's just the way I was raised with Italian foods..
People Who Like This Dish 20
The Cooklinebb956 La Feria, TX
The Rating6 people
Good Lord does this sound succulent!!foodandaflick in Overland Park loved it
What a great recipe!!!!!pudgy47 in Las Vegas loved it
Making this tonight..thanks!kathye in loved it